A blog about living in Aberdeen, New Jersey.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

I Love A Parade

My wife marched with her Red Cross colleagues today in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in nearby Keansburg. I guess Keansburg couldn't fit the parade into its schedule before this, but all seemed to have had a good green time just the same.

The Jersey Coast Chapter has been very busy over the past year. The chapter handles blood drives, first aid training, and so much more. My wife volunteers on local and national disasters, responding to apartment and house fires in Monmouth and Ocean counties as well as hurricanes in Louisiana and ice storms in New Hampshire.

You should look into volunteering for Red Cross. You'll meet new friends and have many edifying experiences. You may even get to travel, although it won't be the kind of trip you'd normally take for vacation. There are so many ways to help, I'm sure you'll find the way that's perfect for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment