A blog about living in Aberdeen, New Jersey.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Cablevision and Tivo Pass Buck on Tuning Adapter Issue


Cablevision's Cisco STA1520 tuning adapter and my Tivo aren't playing nice together. I keep getting the above message on my tv screen saying that my tuning adapter is connected. I receive the message several times a day and it interrupts any recordings in progress.  Cablevision has switched out the adapter twice with no result. The two companies are pointing fingers at each other, so the problem remains.

Tivo pretended not to know what I was talking about, but it is obvious from the online chatter that the problem is well known in the industry but not yet resolved. It seems to be a problem with something called Switched Digital Video (SDV).  Read the sad saga of another Cablevision customer trying to resolve this issue. Or this one. I'm sure there are many more tales of woe out there as well.

If anyone has a solution to this, I'm interested. Otherwise my next step is to write a formal letter of complaint to the FCC and copy the two companies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment