A blog about living in Aberdeen, New Jersey.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Matawan Council to Take Action on Police Chief

Matawan Borough Council has scheduled a special meeting to "take formal action on the hearing officer's decision concerning the Chief of Police," according to a public notice. The meeting will be held Monday 11 July 2011 at 6:30 pm at the Matawan Municipal Community Center at 201 Broad Street.

Chief James Alston has been suspended with pay since last year.

UPDATE: Matawan-Aberdeen Patch issued breaking news tonight that Matawan Chief of Police James Alston is being demoted to Lieutenant and given a ten-day suspension. Jason Gallo will remain Acting Chief of Police for the time being. Check out the detailed Patch article.

2 comments:

  1. I've updated my article about the special meeting regarding Chief Alston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but I've had to delete an anonymous reader's comments on this issue because the submissions introduced details I could not confirm. Rest assured that I publish as many submissions as I can.

    ReplyDelete