A blog about living in Aberdeen, New Jersey.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Holiday Movies Were A Disappointment

I usually have to choose among several great movies for my Thanksgiving dose of Hollywood, but, oh what a disappointing selection of flicks were offered last Thursday.

The best drama - The Imitation Game - was only playing on four screens nationally, and I wasn't heading into the city on Turkey Gridlock Day. Hopefully, this story of the breaking of the Enigma code in World War II, will reach a wider audience soon.

I'm not sure who was targeted to see Horrible Bosses, but its first name says all you need to know. The sassy penguins movie was a nice offering for kids. I wasn't up for another space adventure genre flick. And while there was considerable hunger for a rebellious young female archer, I didn't want to commit to that franchise.

NYTimes: ‘The Hunger Games’ Dominates the Holiday Weekend http://nyti.ms/1yqBzfR

I heard from several sources that Birdman was well acted but a confusing story.

I found a quiet gem called Saint Vincent. Bill Murray was great in this comedy about a grumpy neighbor with a story.

Kudos to Cinemark, the latest owner of the Hazlet multiplex. The new seating is luxurious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment